1. During Installation, always create swap space and a separate partition for the Home directory. Always select that partition for other Linux distributions also but do not format it. And create separate users for different-different distributions like /home/ubuntu for Ubuntu, /home/arch for arch Linux and so on.
2. If your system has SSD then donot create swap space from SSD.
3. Use Ubuntu Source List generator.
4. Run sudo command without password
If you don’t want to type sudo password again and again then run command
sudo visudo and append the below line at the end.
your_username ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
Ctrl + X and
Shift + y and press Enter. That’s it.
5. Create user from Command line
useradd --create-home --system --shell /bin/bash --user-group your_username
6. XUbuntu is the best Linux distribution (in terms of performance). It has the power to give a new fresh life to slow and dying old pcs.
7. To Generate subtitles of audio and video
sudo apt-get install ffmpeg && sudo pip install autosub
To generate subtitle :
autosub -o subtitlefile.srt "/path/to/file.mp4 or .mp3"
If you are using Vlc to play the .mp3 file, then you have to select a visualization (Menu > Audio > Visualization > Select any) because Vlc cannot display subtitles without it.
8. Detach a Linux Processes From Controlling Terminal
command </dev/null &>/dev/null &
9. For setting the paths, the file is /etc/environment